SharePHIL held its Annual General Membership Meeting (AGMM) on 16 October 2017 from 11:30am to 2:00pm at the Tosca Ballroom, Dusit Thani Hotel.
The new PSE President and CEO, Mr. Ramon Monzon was invited to talk about his "Vision for the PSE". During the question and answer portion, SEC Commissioner Mr. Ephyro Amatong, one of the guests, was invited to join Mr. Monzon on stage for an open discussion.
ShrarePHIL President Francis Lim and several media people wrote articles on Mr. Monzon's presentation:
SharePHIL members witnessed the signing of a MOA between SharePHIL and the University of the Philippines Junior Finance Association
(UPJFA). UPJFA, represented by its CEO Lowell Tiu
and Chief Marketing Officer Stanly Chan
, was given a check worth P300,000 to be used in UPJFA's various activities for the year.
New members were inducted during the AGMM and were warmly welcomed by fellow SharePHIL members. They are:
- Maria Luisa M. Banta - Executive Assistant to the EVP-CFO/Governance Assistant
- Ferdinand Cavalida – Medical Officer III, Quezon City Health Department
- Herbert M. Consunji – Executive Vice President & CFO, DMCI Holdings, Inc.
- Ma. Rowena L. Dimaano - Senior Assistant Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Planning, BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Bede Lovell S. Gomez - CEO/Vice Chairman, Verzontal Builders, Inc.
- Fredieric B. Landicho - Managing Partner & CEO, Navarro Amper & Co.
- Wellington Palmero- Chief Risk Compliance and Governance Officer, SMIC
- Luis S. Reyes Jr. – Group Head, Investor Relations & Corporate Planning, BDO Unibank, Inc.
Lowell Tiu and Stanly Chan of UPJFA were also inducted as "Learners" under the Learnership Program. This is a new program of the Education Committee where college students are invited to become members to learn from SharePHIL meetings and activities as well as from other SharePHIL members on how to become responsible shareholders.