SharePHIL held its New Year Celebration & General Membership Meeting last 19 January 2018 at the Sarika Ballroom, Dusit Thani Hotel.
New to the meeting, is a 30-minute open discussion where members can freely talk about anything which interests them. The discussion was facilitated by Trustee Dino Bate and Education Committee Vice Chairman Jonas Ravelas. The TRAIN (Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion) Law, Calata Corp and Rappler were among the hot topics brought up in the discussion. The activity was well received and the members all agreed to have it as a regular part of the meeting.
SharePHIL welcomes its newest members:
- Alfredo E. Pascual, past president of the University of the Philippines and CEO of Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD),
- Gilberto C. Teodoro Jr., former Secretary of National Defense and Independent Director of BDO,
- Cesar L. Villanueva, former Chairman of the Governance Commission for Government Owned or Controlled Corporation (GCG) and Founding and Senior Partner at Villanueva, Gabionza and Dy Law Offices,
- Alfred Reiterer, Chairman of Foreign Investors Advisory Group (FIAG)
- Edna A. Delantar, Professor at FEU, UST and Arellano University, Department of Business and Accounting.
SharePHIL invited Edric Mendoza, former anchor of ANC's "On the Money" and president of ParentSchooling Co., to talk on the topic "How to Thrive in Challenging Times". Edric brought along his son, Elijah who also shared some insights on important family values.
The meeting was concluded with a raffle where everyone went home happy because they were able to bring home prizes. Thank you to our very generous sponsors.