Skip to content
SHAREHOLDERS’ ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES, INC.
- Our Commitment to Privacy. Your privacy is important to us. We manage and protect your personal information in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or also known as “Republic Act No. 10173”; carefully ensuring that your information provided to us will be used responsibly, and only for the purposes for which you gave it to us. This Notice will make us understand how and under what circumstances personal information is collected and used, as well as what we’re doing to ensure that information provided shall be used in good business practices and protected accordingly.
- Personal Information. There are number of types of personal information that we collect depending on the nature of our relationship with you. This information could be collected in person, over the telephone, through the mail, or over the Internet The information we may collect or obtain includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your basic personal information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, photograph and so on;
- Your Curriculum Vitae, date of birth, you position and organization to which you belong or are affiliated to photographs from association functions, meetings, events, and so on; and
- Your transactions with us such as the payment of association dues, contributions, or donations, information requested or provided to you, program and event participation, or responses to surveys or contests.
- Collection of Personal Information. We need to collect this information about you to facilitate the attainment of the objectives of the association to be the leading institution and catalyst in the protection and promotion of shareholder rights, duties and responsibilities and to promote domestic capital market development through advocacy, education and enlightenment of shareholders. We recognize that some of this information is sensitive or private, which is why we collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain a responsible relationship between the association and its members and to enable us to coordinate and manage the effort of all our members towards the attainment of a common goal. For example, we will collect and use personal information to organize and coordinate with the association’s standing committees and in order to provide programs, seminars and perform services as they relate to our members interest.
- To understand your needs and preferences. In order to ensure the association is offering programs, services, and content that keep pace with your expectations from time to time, ask you to participate in surveys that help us to understand what you desire from the association to fit your expectations. We may also request information like your e-mail address if you are interested in receiving materials electronically.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. We are required to collect and use personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, or our legal and regulatory obligations to others.
- To establish and grow a successful relationship with you. We collect information that allows us to facilitate team, leadership, and achieve our organizational goals and growth opportunities.
- Disclosure of your Information. Your personal information may be disclosed: a) as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements; b) to protect the rights and property of the association; c) during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; d) where the personal information is public; or e) with your consent.
- Protection of Information. The association values your right to privacy and works hard to protect your personal information.
- We maintain physical, procedural, and electronic controls appropriate to the sensitivity of your information, protecting it against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification, or destruction. These safeguards include secure office premises for authorized employees only, secure networks, and secure databases. All safeguards are tested and updated on a regular basis. The association protects your information when disclosed to third parties by ensuring that such parties have policies in place to protect the confidentiality of the information.
- We consistently maintain reasonable and systematic controls, schedules, and practices for information and records retention, and the destruction of personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or required by law to be retained. When documents containing such information are destroyed, erased, or made anonymous, we ensure that any personal information contained in the documents is protected.
- Rights of Data Subject. The association believes the integrity of our relationships is founded on choice. We are working hard to ensure we have and maintain your confidence and consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you have a choice and can refuse or withdraw your consent at any time as follows:
- You may remove your contact information from our communication lists which we use to inform you of association updates, new or relevant programs, seminars, or other forms of content.
- You may refuse to provide personal information and you may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to applicable legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may severely limit our ability to provide services and access to association services and content to you.
- You may also ask us about your personal information and notify us of any corrections that may be necessary.
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you wish to have your name removed from our communication lists or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]