SharePHIL held its General Membership Meeting (GMM) and the forum on “Cryptocurrency: The Truth and the Myth” on 12 March 2018, 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm, at the Glass Pavilion, Dusit Thani Hotel.
SharePHIL Chair Evelyn Singson welcomed everyone and gave the opening remarks.
Welcome to the new SharePHIL members inducted during the GMM:
- Atty. Victor Africa, Chairman, Medical Systems Inc.
- Wilfredo A. Baltazar, Audit & Assurance Partner, Navarro Amper & Co.-Deloitte Philippines
- Atty. Benedicta Du-Baladad, Managing Partner and CEO, Du-Baladad and Associates (BDB Law)
- Roy Joseph S. Fernandez, General Manager, Manta Equities, Inc.
- Brian T. Lim, Vice President & Senior Finance Office, DMCI Holdings, Inc.
Also inducted were six new SharePHIL Learners from the University of the Philippines Junior Finance Association (UP JFA) for SharePHIL’s Learnership Program. This is a program of the Education Committee where college students are invited to become members to learn from our meetings and activities as well as from other SharePHIL members on how to become responsible shareholders. The new Learners are:
- Joseph Busto
- John Jacinto Chua
- Keoni Cruz
- Demi Laygo
- Ava Lee
- Jose Luis B. Razon
The GMM was immediately followed by the Cryptocurrency forum with no less than BSP Governor Nestor A. Espenilla, Jr. who talked about “Private Cryptocurrencies and Lessons from a Red Paperclip”. Other speakers include:
- Nico Jose Nolledo, Chairman and CEO of Xurpas (Topic: “Trust Economy: Blockchains & Cryptocurrencies”)
- Nichel Gaba, co-founder and CEO of PDAX, (Topic: “Risk & Reward in Cryptocurrency Investing”)
- Ephyro Luis B. Amatong, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) (Topic: “Legal Challenges Facing the Cryptocurrency Market”)
SharePHIL Trustee Eduardo Francisco emceed and moderated the forum.
The forum was open to the public and was well attended with a total of 222 attendees, which includes 49 SharePHIL members.
Photos: click here
- Part 1 of 6 Registration & General Membership Meeting
- Part 2 of 6 Keynote Speaker: BSP Governor Nestor A. Epenilla Jr.
- Part 3 of 6 Nico Jose “Nix” Nolledo, Trust Economy, Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies
- Part 4 of 6 Nichel Gaba, Risk & Reward in Cryptocurrency Investing
- Part 5 of 6 SEC Commissioner Ephyro “Eph” Luis B. Amatong, Legal Challenges Facing the Cryptocurrency Market
- Part 6 of 6 Panel Discussion with Ephyro “Eph” Luis B. Amatong, Nichel Gaba, Nico Jose “Nix” Nolledo and Moderator Eduardo V. Francisco
- BSP, SEC caution public on cryptocurrencies by Doris Dumlao-Abadilla (Philippine Daily Inquirer) | 14 March 2018
- The Shareholders Association of the Philippines by John Mangun (Business Mirror) | 14 March 2018
- 3 Truths and Myths About Cryptocurrency in PH, According to BSP Governor Espenilla by Lorenzo Kyle Subido (Entrepreneur Philippines) | 15 March 2018
Souvenir program: click here
Thank you very much to our generous sponsors:
- SGV & Co.
- COL Financial
- Security Bank
- SM Investments
- ACCRA Law
- BDO Nomura
- Reyes Tacandong & Co.
- ANC ABS-CBN News Channel
- Business World
- Philippine Daily Inquirer